- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Symposiums
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
November 6-7, 2019 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
The 2019 EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium will examine the enduring threat IED and mines pose to international security, warfighter survivability and domestic safety. The Symposium will bring together a “whole of government” perspective to advancing EOD, C-IED and countermine technologies, strategies and training at home and abroad. Attendees will have the unique opportunity to network with senior-level officials from the military and civil agencies about the future of EOD operations and opportunities for industry collaboration.
2019 Confirmed Speakers:
- Lisa Swan, SES
- Director, Counter Improvised Threat Technologies
- Stephen Dowling, SES
- Director, Counter WMD Technologies Department
- SSA Scott Sweetow, SES
- Acting Director, TEDAC
- William Byrd Jr.
- Deputy Associate Director (A), Senior Intelligence Officer
- Office for Bombing Prevention
- James M. Watson
- Director, US Bomb Data Center
- COL Steve Elder, USA
- EOD Assistant Commandant
- US Army Ordnance School
- COL Martin Weber, USA
- LTG Reynold Hoover (Ret), USA
- Former Deputy Commander
- United States Northern Command
Why You Should Attend this Year’s Symposium:
The 7th Annual EOD/IED and Countermine Symposium will examine the US’s whole of government approach to detecting, mitigating and destroying explosive devices at home and abroad. As improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and mines continue to cause high numbers of causalities around the world, it is paramount that the government remains vigilant in its efforts to improve explosive ordnance disposal (EOD), counter-IED and demining capabilities. This is especially important now as extremist groups have become increasingly sophisticated in their use of IEDs.
This Symposium will highlight important research and development efforts aimed at countering the use of IEDs. This event will also examine the strategies and training practices for successful EOD missions in both domestic and international contexts. Speakers from across the military and federal agencies, including the FBI, DHS and ATF, will share their perspectives on the necessity of interagency and international cooperation and intelligence sharing to effectively counter IED threats.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposium’s content and focus areas. We assemble the most respected minds in the EOD/IED & Countermine community, as well as key policymakers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and agencies to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
*Symposium is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*
Topics to be covered at the 2019 Symposium:
- -Advancing a Whole-of-Government Approach to Explosive Threat Mitigation
- -Improving EOD Capabilities for the Warfighter to Counter the Growing Asymmetric Threat
- -Leveraging International Partnerships in Counter IED Efforts
- -Capitalizing on International Partnerships and Inter-Agency Information Sharing to Combat IED Threats
- -Combatting the Evolving Use of Unmanned and Vehicle Borne IED Technologies
- -Improving Threat Detection and Ordinance Disposal Capabilities
- -Developing a Robust Domestic Counter IED Intelligence and Law Enforcement Infrastructure
- -Investing in International Demining Efforts
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
The EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.
At Our Symposium You Will Have the Ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the IED community.
- Build Partnerships:The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies being leveraged by the IED/EOD/ Countermine force.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
2018 Participating Organizations:
CEIA USA, CERDEC, CISR/JMU, CoverSix Shelters, CTTSO, DAGER Technology, Darley Defense, Department of State, DHS S&T, DHS, DoD, DTRA, EOD Directorate/NGB, EOD Warrior Foundation,, Explosive Ordnance Disposal, FBI, GAO, Harris Corporation, James Madison University, Johns Hopkins University, Joint Improvised Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO), Lockheed Martin, Metropolitan Police Department, Microsemi FTD, MTEQ, MuniRem Environmental, NSA, OPNAV N95, QinetiQ, R3 Strategic Support Group, Robotic Research, Special Operations Division, Tetra Tech, US Army, US Army Africa C-IED Branch,US Department of State, US Navy, US Naval Research Laboratory, USACE-ERDC, Worldwide Counter Threat Solutions
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.