- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Symposiums
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
May 19-20, 2021 | National Harbor, MD
Defense Strategies Institute’s 8th Annual EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium will bring together members of the various Military branches & Federal Government agencies to discuss the current state of advancing domestic and international counter-IED missions in support of US National Security interests. Senior level speakers at this forum will detail the many ways they are collaborating on disarming the threat that these various types of explosives can cause to the Homeland & critical infrastructure. They will also examine emerging innovative technologies, enhanced training, and methods of intelligence gathering that are vital to successful EOD and demining initiatives in the era of Great Power Competition.
2021 Confirmed Speakers:
- Maj Gen Edward W. Thomas, USAF
- Air Force Recruiting Service
- RDML Robert C. Nowakowski, USN
- Deputy Commander
- Navy Recruiting Command
- COL Russell Hoff, USA
- Project Manager, Close Combat Systems
- Joint Program Executive Office Armaments & Ammunition
- William Byrd Jr.
- Deputy Associate Director, Office for Bombing Prevention, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- John Lenox
- Director, Military Operations
- DoD Explosives Safety Board
- SSA Ari Shapira, SES
- Deputy Director, Terrorist Explosive Device Analytical Center
Download Detailed Agenda for Full Speaker List
Why You Should Attend this Year’s Symposium:
The Counter-IED Market Size to Reach US$ 1.4 Billion in 2025 with North America remaining the leader in acquiring these detection & countermeasures equipment/technologies, particularly the military services. This year’s Symposium will touch on the various ways that threat actors are using IEDs across the globe during a time of uncertainty with the current pandemic. This event will bring together members of the various Military branches & Federal Government agencies to discuss the current state of advancing domestic and international counter-IED missions in support of US National Security interests. Senior level speakers at this forum will detail the many ways they are collaborating on disarming the threat that these various types of explosives can cause to the Homeland & critical infrastructure. They will also examine emerging innovative technologies, enhanced training, and methods of intelligence gathering that are vital to successful EOD and demining initiatives in the era of Great Power Competition.
This Symposium will offer insight into how IEDs and mines are & continue to be responsible for a very high number of casualties both at home & abroad in US military operations. Threat actors continue to utilize this method of attack against our Warfighters & civilians, which is why this event provides the chance for meaningful debate as to how to better mitigate them. Additionally, these speakers will share their unique perspectives into the necessary strategies and capabilities needed for eliminating explosive threats, as well as understanding that in order to minimize the loss of life, a unified, whole-of-government approach is critical. A panel of experts will detail current initiatives toward integrating solutions to help increase EOD Tech recruitments across the DoD.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposium’s content and focus areas. We assemble the most respected minds in the EOD/IED & Countermine community, as well as key policymakers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and agencies to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
DSI is Proud to Support the EOD Warrior Foundation
Topics to be covered at the 2021 Symposium:
- -Countering the threat of WMD’s against the Warfighter & the Homeland
- -Mitigating the use of explosives and IEDs against Critical Infrastructure
- -Leading NECC’s Counter-IED solutions across the full spectrum of Naval operations
- -Exploiting IED information & material to produce actionable intelligence that will protect the United States from terrorist attacks
- -Developing dependable, highly trained & adaptive ordnance professionals to support the Total Force
- -Assisting Local, State and Federal law enforcement in the investigation of bombings, arson, and explosives
- -Facilitating electronic sensors capabilities to enhance C-IED and mine-field detection and defeat
- -Integrating solutions to help increase EOD Tech recruitments across the DoD
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
The EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.
Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus
At Our Symposium You Will Have the Ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the IED community.
- Build Partnerships:The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies being leveraged by the IED/EOD/ Countermine force.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD, DHS, Law Enforcement and public-sector priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
2019 Participating Organizations:
Artis, MuniRem Environmental, LLC, MED-ENG, Tetra Tech, Mountain Horse Solutions, Darley Defense, MTEQ, SPA, R3 Strategic Support Group, American Ordinance, UNOPS
Sandia National Laboratories, Patricio Enterprises, Inc., The HALO Trust (USA), Inc., Clandestine Materials Detection , MRIGlobal, DEFTEC Corporation, Scanna MSC Inc, Janus Global Operations, i3, DOE – Sandia National Labs, Federal Resources, Swift Engineering, Center for International Stabilization & Recovery, AMP Research, Red Lotus Technologies, Inc. Caliburn, L3Harris, Dynasafe, CEIA USA, MRI Global, MITHIX PRO LLC, Innervision Security, CTI – ALION, DAGER Technology, LLC, Integrated Solutions for Systems (IS4S), Phoenix, LLC, US Army Ordnance School, JIDO, FBI-TEDAC & JPO C-IED, DDESB, DTRA, OPNAV N95, CISA-DHS-OBP, NECC, NSWC, DOS, , Indian Head EOD Technology Division, ATF, CTTSO, TSA, DIA, & many more…!
*Symposium is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*