2018 Keynote Speaker:
MG Christopher Bentley, USA, Director, JIDO
This Year's Confirmed Speakers:
BG Heidi J. Hoyle, USA , Chief of Ordnance, Commandant, U.S. Army Ordnance School
CAPT John Moulton, USN, N957 Branch Head, EOD Officer, OPNAV N95
Gerald Guilbert, Chief of Programs, Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement (PM/WRA), U.S. Department of State
SSA W. Mark Whitworth, Unit Chief, TEDAC Explosives Unit, Terrorist Explosive Device Analytical Center, FBI
William Byrd, Acting Deputy Chief, Office for Bombing Prevention, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
William Windsor, Director, DoD Unexploded Ordnance Center of Excellence
Debra Powers, Chair, Naval Counter-IED Knowledge Network, DON
Why You Should Attend This Year's Symposium:
- The IED has forever changed the battlefield landscape for all levels of the military, evening the playing field between an asymmetric enemy and U.S. / Coalition forces both on land and sea. The ongoing threat and complexity of IED’s has never been greater in the Homeland. Targeting the cruel use of explosives in the battlefield or at home depends upon a cautious and coordinated, whole-of-government approach to IED defeat.
- C-IED efforts across the world have increased dramatically over the last decade, especially in the U.S., Middle East, and Africa. These improvised explosive devices pose a great danger to the Warfighter, as well as federal, state, and local law enforcement. New strategies, products, and more advanced training methods on these devices have become vital to assisting in Homeland defense.
- This Symposium will highlight some of the important R&D efforts currently underway to address the rise of different forms of IED’s, specifically airborne and vehicle-borne, that are dramatically increasing the number of casualties across the globe. This event will also examine the different C-IED mitigation efforts that are being undertaken by the military to better achieve operational success.
- The 2018 EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium brings together a whole-of-government approach with both military and civil offices, as well as key leaders in industry with the sole objective of advancing the mission critical needs of each respective community in IED defeat.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposium’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the EOD/IED & Countermine community, as well as key policy-makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
DSI is Proud to Partner and Support the EOD Warrior Foundation