2017 Confirmed Speakers Included:
MajGen David Coffman, USMC, Director, Expeditionary Warfare, OPNAV N95
CAPT Scott Kraft, USN, Commanding Officer, Indian Head EOD Technology Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center
CAPT Keith B. Dowling, USN, Chief, Integration & Delivery Directorate, Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO), DTRA
COL Christopher T. Kuhn, USA, Director, The Counter Explosive Hazard Center, U.S. Army Engineer School
Shawn Stallworth, Chief, Office for Bombing Prevention, DHS
Additional Speakers Include:
Dr. Karl Dahlhauser, Associate Director for Electronic Warfare & Countermeasures, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Research and Engineering, C-IED COI Co-Chair
- CAPT Josh Jackson, USN, Commodore, EOD Group 2, Navy Expeditionary Combat Command
- William Windsor, Director, DoD Unexploded Center of Excellence
- David Hernandez, DPM, Homemade Explosives Program, Lead, Explosive Effects Laboratory, DHS S&T
Why You Should Attend This Year's Symposium:
- The IED has forever changed the battlefield landscape for all levels of the military, evening the playing field between an asymmetric enemy and U.S. / Coalition forces both on land and sea. The ongoing threat and complexity of IED’s has never been greater in the Homeland. Targeting the cruel use of explosives in the battlefield or at home depends upon a cautious and coordinated, whole-of-government approach to IED defeat.
- C-IED efforts across the world have increased dramatically over the last decade, especially in the U.S., Middle East, and Africa. These improvised explosive devices pose a great danger to the Warfighter, as well as federal, state, and local law enforcement. New strategies, products, and more advanced training methods on these devices have become vital to assisting in Homeland defense.
- This Symposium will highlight some of the important R&D efforts currently underway to address the rise of different forms of IED’s, specifically airborne and vehicle-borne, that are dramatically increasing the number of casualties across the globe. This event will also examine the different C-IED mitigation efforts that are being undertaken by the military to better achieve operational success.
- The 2018 EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium brings together a whole-of-government approach with both military and civil offices, as well as key leaders in industry with the sole objective of advancing the mission critical needs of each respective community in IED defeat.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposium’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the EOD/IED & Countermine community, as well as key policy-makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
DSI is Proud to Partner and Support the EOD Warrior Foundation